A folding bed with a sofa has more than one face. Depending on the mechanisms used in it, we can choose different models of beds with additional functionalities. Thanks to this, we can choose the bed exactly what we expect. Today we present two different models of folding beds with a sofa – Smartbed O Sofa and Smartbed V Sofa Box. We advise which bed in what space will work best and what we can expect from … a modern sofa with smart bed.
A folding bed with a sofa, such as Smartbed O Sofa
Smartbed O Sofa is a double folding bed that closes horizontally. Most often, this model of furniture is called a wallbed. Although, when it comes to solutions, the modern wall wall has little to do with its predecessor from the last century. Thanks to modern mechanisms, the bed opens or closes noiselessly and smoothly. Changing the arrangement of the bed from day to night and vice versa takes only a few seconds. Thanks to the retarders and gas cylinders, the front of the bed with the mattress and bedding appears and disappears automatically – all you need to do is initiate its movement by pulling in the right direction.
Sofa attached to the front of the bed also opens and closes automatically. The backrest of the sofa and all its elements hide under the bed during sleep, and only the sides of the sofa – armrests remain visible. During the day in the folded version we have a full-size sofa – BUT – its width depends on the width of the bed. Due to the fact that the bed opens horizontally, this piece of furniture is recommended in narrow rooms or with an arrangement that prevents vertical opening of the bed. The so-called. “wagons” rooms are a place where a wall mural finds its best place. But it is not everything. Because the piece of furniture is not high in itself, it fits well in rooms with small-size furniture. And last but not least: Smartbed O Sofa can be an independent piece of furniture or be a part of a building designed by us or already existing.
A folding bed with a sofa, such as a Smartbed V Sofa Box
Our Smartbed V Sofa Box is a folding bed with a sofa for special tasks. The vertically retractable bed has the same systems and modern solutions as the Smartbed O Sofa described earlier. So it guarantees equally comfortable rest and sleep, and comfort of use. What distinguishes this model above all is the sofa. Which you can design and adapt to your needs:
- it can be attached to the front of the bed or it can be an independent piece of furniture
- as an independent element of the bed – if necessary, it is an additional place to sleep
- instead of traditional backs, it has comfortable, soft cushions that need to be removed before unfolding the bed. What to do with them then? Read on…
- under the sofa seat there is a large chest: for those cushions, additional bedding (the beds in the Smartbed wardrobe hide not only “out” but also bedding), everyday items of rare use
- the sofa can be any size (see photo), independent of the width of the bed
- the sofa can be symmetrical, asymmetrical, it can also be a corner sofa
- depending on expectations, it can have 2 armrests, 1 armrest, 0 armrests
- when opening the bed, regardless of whether it is attached to its front or not, it folds and hides under it like a traditional sofa in wall bed.
Two folding beds with a sofa, seemingly very similar. And yet completely different. Which one to choose, we leave it to you to decide…
Folding beds with sofa – details of the implementation
Smartbed O Sofa 160×200
The color of the housing and the back of the bed: K020 PW FIRESIDE SELECT WALNUT
Front colors: K017 PW BLONDE LIBERTY ELM
Headrest: WALL 208X134 KINGSTON 08
Type of upholstery of the sofa: KINGSTON 12
Mattress: AMBER DREAM 160X200 H3
Extras: LED lighting, USB socket
Smartbed V Sofa Box 140×200
Housing colors: LUISIANA WENGE 9763 BS
Headrest: WALL 149X102 PORTO 17
Mattress: AMBER DREAM 140X200 H3
Extras: LED lighting, USB socket