A retractable single or double bed is usually presented as an excellent alternative to traditional small bedroom beds.
It is also a good solution for studios – then it successfully replaces the lack of a separate bedroom.
But mentioning its advantages and multifunctionality, it is often forgotten that more or less often, we host family, friends and acquaintances.
Sometimes an announcement, sometimes unexpectedly. And then the eternal question arises: “Where will I put her / his / theirs?
The time when there were guest rooms in our homes – bedrooms is long gone. Today’s interior design focuses on the functionality and usability of existing space, which means that it is not necessarily great.
We blow a mattress, foam pad, sofa in the living room is a common ad hoc solution. But is it comfortable?
Even the most comfortable folding sofa with sleeping function, placed in the living room, does not provide a bit of intimacy, so needed for a good sleep.
And in most modern space solutions, the living space is designed as a free “open space” connecting the living room with the dining room, kitchen and, often, the corridor. So sleeping “corner in the living room” is not very comfortable solution for both the guest and the household members creeping on their fingers.
The vertically folding bed perfectly solves all these problems:
- takes up little space – guarantees space saving
- closed – on a daily basis it does not change the functionality of the living room, work room or even the dining room
- adapts to the interior – the possibility of choosing a different bed size and housing composes the bed hidden in the wardrobe into the space in any style
- completes the functionality of the space – in a version with a comfortable sofa guarantees comfortable relaxation during the day
- provides a sense of intimacy – open for sleeping, thanks to the soft headrest, internal lighting, creates a miniature bedroom
- its arrangement additionally allows the creation of a space to rest even for a “multi-night” guest
- hides “guest linens” in its interior, saving space in the wardrobe, storage compartments and cupboards
- it is easy to use – it opens or closes in just a few seconds
Please look at our latest implementation:
We have designed the Smartbed V Sofa bed for a multifunctional living space where there is space for work, rest and daily activities.
A partition wall (120 cm) was used to set it up. And one of its sides is a wardrobe with sliding, mirrored walls.
Both in the day and night versions, the retractable bed does not interfere with the use of the wardrobe. Nor cluttering up the space.
What’s more, thanks to the sofa function, it adds additional functionality to the room – a place to rest during the day.
If this is the will of the household, it can fulfill the function of an additional, everyday bedroom.
Without losing the daily character of the interior.
And when guests arrive, it will provide them with a comfortable sleep and rest.
Details of implementation:
SMARTBED V SOFA 120×200
FINISH: BOKI / FRONT / FRAME / BACK ACRYLIC GLOSS 8685,
SOFA: PIANO 03
HEADREST WALL 120×200 TOTAL – FOAM 03
MATTRESS SEMBELLA AMBER DREAM 120X200 H3